Thursday, December 6, 2007

Week 9 #22 overdrive

I've already done quite a bit with Overdrive. I have reserved, downloaded and listened to a number of audiobooks. I often help customers download titles and have taught classes in this 3 times so far. I find that holds for these come in faster than for cds. I just now reserved a Margolin title.

I have downloaded overdrive videos (Jamaica Inn)as well ... It took FOREVER

However, I did not know about LibriVox and I think I'd someday like to do some volunteer recording for them. I can tell a difference in readers between overdrive and LibriVox. But the collection is varied and the price is right!

The Overdrive readers tend to be a better listening experience with more polished performances (naturally, considering that they do this for a living).


It's nice to have one more source to give to customers needing talking books.

No comments: